Nokia Recently Launched an Amber Update for their Lumia users but most of the users are not able to get the latest update due to some technical reasons. Here is a step by step guide to install the latest amber update on your Lumia.
Steps we will follow are:
- Check if update is launched for your version of Lumia.
- Check if your mobile is already showing Amber update.
- Know why its is not available.
- Download NSU
- Get your firmware updated
- Update to Amber
1 – Check if update is launched for your version of Lumia
2 – Check if your mobile is already showing Nokia amber update
To check for Amber Update on your Mobile go to Settings > Phone Update and Click on “Check for Updates” button
3 – Know why it is not available?
4 – Download NSU?
You can visit Nokia Service Center and ask them to update your phone’s firmware for free. And skip the next Step.
During Download Prepare your phone for update.
- Backup all the data/contacts as firmware update will delete all your data on phone memory.
- Charge your phone will not update on low battery.
- Arrange a datacable to connect your phone to your Computer.
5 – Get Your Firmware Updated
6 – Update to Amber
Once your firmware is updated don’t restore your data and applications. One final step is still pending.
- Connect your phone to wifi/3G data(as 300-400mb of data will be downloaded in this step.)
- Go to Settings > Phone Update > Click “Check for Updates” button
- You will get a pop-up of Amber Update.
- Click Install & for the process to complete. Your phone will restart several times and will take from 15 – 30 mins to update depending upon your internet speed.
- After Complete installation you will be asked to configure your phone. Enjoy the New Update.
Any Suggestions, Ideas or doubt? Share them in comment section below.
Share with your friends using below networks.